Student, Head Instructor and Owner of Arashi Do Springbank
Following my 4 year old daughters footsteps as a little dragon, I joined Arashido at the age of 34 in Aug 2003 with no back ground in martial arts at all. I was out of shape and a smoker. By Blue belt I was a Sempei (Senior rank Assisting), lost 60 lbs and quit smoking . By Brown belt I was filling in teaching when needed and on Nov 24 2006, I was privileged to receive my black belt. I took on the role of instructor on a more permanent basis teaching for Kyoshi Mike at Two schools in Calgary, Hillhurst and Springbank. This was just the beginning of something life changing.
- 2003 Joined Arashido Karate
- 2005 WKA Provincials took gold for Kata and sparring
- 2006 Achieved Black belt first Degree
- 2006 Full time instructor at Springbank dojo
- 2006 Started Cross Training in Muay Thai
- 2008 Joined the BBCC as an owner by franchising Springbank.
- 2010 Achieved assistant Instructor in Muay Thai and opened a class at springbank
- 2007 Competed in and won my first Muay Thai tournament.
- 2008 took my first Amateur Ring Fight
- 2008 1st trip to Thailand to continue Muay Thai Training
- 2009 Started Training In Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Under Master Sylvio Behring
- 2010 Achieved 2nd Degree in Shotokan Karate
- 2011 Achieved Blue belt red bar in BJJ and opened a class at Springbank
- 2012 Traveled Back to Thailand to Train
- 2012 Achieved Kru Puh Chwy in Muay Thai
- 2012 Blue belt Red Bar In Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Under Master Sylvio Behring
- 2012 Opened BJJ Classes
- 2012 WCKK Senior black belt champion in point sparring
- 2014 Achieved Purple Belt red Bar In Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Under Master Sylvio Behring
- 2015 Achieved 3rd degree in Shotokan Karate and Title of Renchi
- 2015 Traveled to Brasil to train and compete in world championships. Silver medal
My travel on the path with Arashi Do has been a good one both in mind and body that I plan on continuing for as long as I can try to pass on all the passion and knowledge that I can.